Parkside Veterinary Group
Parkside is an accredited Tier 2 practice with a large and friendly team. Working from modern, purpose-built premises we are situated in Eastern Scotland with easy access to mountains and beautiful beaches. We are accepting applications to work at our main surgery in Dundee as well as our branch surgeries in Barnhill and Arbroath.
The new nurse will work a varied shift pattern including approximately 2 days 8.30am – 5.00pm, 1 day 9.00am – 7.00pm, 1 day 8.30am – 5.30pm and 1 half day 8.00am – 1.00pm. There is NO ON-CALL and occasional weekend work is equally shared on a rota system. Emergency cover is provided by Vets Now, based at our Dundee surgery.
Holiday entitlement for a full-time RVN is 29 days per year, 4 of which are taken at Christmas and New Year.
CPD encouraged and supported
- General nursing duties including but not only: Admission and Discharge of animals, general nursing care during hospitalisation of animals e.g. administration of medicines, IV Fluids, blood sampling, monitoring of anaesthetics and assisting vets as required.
- Undertake nurse clinics as and when required.
- Ensure all clinical areas are kept clean and tidy at all times. Ensure all equipment is suitable for use.
- Attend nurse meetings regularly.
- Assist with dangerous drug stocktake which is carried out daily.
- To be fully conversant with the Practice Manual, COSHH regulations and all other Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the directors, head nurse, vets, senior vet nurses or practice manager.
How to apply
For further information or to submit an application, please contact our head nurse Fiona Shepherd on 01382 810 777 or email an application form to email@example.com